139 Main Street was originally constructed in c. 1868 to provide first floor retail space plus grain and feed storage for horses on the upper floors with a total of 20,000 square feet. This building is located in Kendall Square next to the Lechmere Canal at the end of the bridge from Boston. The building is of brick masonry and wood construction on fill land that was reclaimed from the Charles River. The original drive-thru on the right hand side allowed for the loading of the grain and feed into open horse-drawn carts through a trap door in the second floor.The program for the renovation included a new addition to the rear of the existing building and a fifth floor mezzanine with a total of 20,000 square feet of new construction. The Cambridge Historical Commission required the set-back of the fifth floor mezzanine addition from the face of the existing building which allowed for the construction of an outdoor terrace overlooking the Charles River. The rear addition was constructed on concrete piers in order to allow for a small parking area for nine cars plus an electric transformer.